Monday, September 19, 2005

Monday Night - Cowboys Game

Watching the Cowboys and Skins tonight - keeping an eye on Hazel Mae's Cowboys, currently beating up on my opponent tonight, but there is still quite a bit of time to go. Hazel (if you are peeking in) your Kansas City Chiefs (Green, Gonzalez) are killing me...they aren't doing your name proud - though Tynes is doing well. I should have went with Carson Palmer...he's coming off the bench Hazel...he's getting ready to suit up unless Green starts doing something! hahaha

I didn't get to submit Heroes entry for tonight, will do it tomorrow. However, gotta mention the original triplets - Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin and Emmitt Smith who were honoured in the Dallas Cowboy ring of fame! They were awesome in the 90's and were part of one of the greatest NFL teams ever.

Back tomorrow to recap the week in NFL pools - I switched Arizona as one of my suicide picks and picked Tampa instead...only 8 of 40 left - I'll be looking for suggestions on next week's pick...I'd go with Hazel's pick if she submitted one.

Ok..back to my port and the game. Sam Ryan is replacing Michelle Tafoya...I think Hazel would have done quite well...I think she'd be great on the sideline in Irving tonight! Go Cowboys.

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps - in honour of Hazel's first anniversary at NESN and from fans of the Dallas Cowboys to our triplets...

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from hell,
Blue skies from pain?
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail,
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

And did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange
A walk on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?

How I wish,
How I wish you were here,
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year
Running over the same old ground
What have we found?
The same old fears
Wish you were here.

Congrats to the triplets...and special congrats to Hazel on her big day - let's hope NESN does something to acknowledge it!

Peesth out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter