Thursday, December 08, 2005

Deep In The Heart Of Texas

Hey Peeps, and anyone else checking in. A special hey goes out to Hazel.

What a crazy freakin' couple of days at the MLB Winter Meetings. You know things are messed up when the Blue Jays come out of the meetings being the big players...the Red Sox are somewhere in the middle...and the Yankees are silent (trading Tony Womack does not constitute making noise at the meetings).

MIGUEL'S HAD IT UP "TEJADA" WITH THE O'S
I was surprised to see that the good people of New England weren't too upset with the trade of Edgar Renteria - if I was part of the nation, I'd be pretty upset. I mean, they signed this guy to a big deal, meaning they let Orlando Cabrera go...they traded a blue chip prospect in Hanley Ramirez as part of the Beckett/Lowell/Mota deal...and then they trade Renteria.

But low and behold - breaking news out of Baltimore. Miguel Tejada, who just happens to be one of Big Papi's best buddies, goes on record as saying that he would like to be traded from Baltimore. Do you see the chain of events coming? The friggin Sox must have some of Hazel's good karma rubbing off on them...mark my words - by the time spring training opens the Sox will have Tejada, Martinez and FREAKIN JOHNNY DAMON...watch.

1) Boston will come up with a package that includes Marte, Arroyo and another minor leaguer going to Baltimore for Miguel Tejada - with Sosa and Palmeiro gone...Baltimore is back in rebuilding mode.

2) Tejada won't cost much more than Renteria (about $2M more per season) - signing Tejada would make it VERY intriguing for Manny to want to stay - Boston will look to Manny and say "think about it, 3-4-5...you, Big Papi AND Miguel Tejada?" might be too much for Manny to walk away from. You can almost hear the Three Amigos references starting now.

3) The Sox will then look to Damon...and point to Papi, Ramirez, and Tejada...along with Mike Lowell, Varitek...and a pitching staff that has been upgraded with Beckett and Mota...pretty convincing argument to take another run at a World Series and achieve "Jesus"-like status in Boston.

Call me crazy...some people have called me worse things - but that is what I see coming up in New England. Luck of the Irish me-arse...the Sox have the luck of Hazel working for them.

The only way this gets messed up is if the Chickenhawk gets involved...you can bet Jays fans will be howling for an upgrade on Russ Adams. Now, if the Chickenhawk manages to pull something like this off...and he gets the O's to take Hinske - then dammit, I'll give him the GM of the year award right away. No questions asked.

I still think Tejada is going to be in New England sooner than later.

I've gotta go make my football picks for the week...I'm sticking to the Cowboys over the Chiefs - sorry Hazel. Speaking of which...wanna know how good Hazel Mae's Cowboys are? Check out the article and see who's on the roster. Michael Fabiano would love this team...

QB - Carson Palmer
QB - Trent Green
RB - Stephen Jackson
TE - Tony Gonzalez
TE - Randy McMichael
WR - T.J Houshmanzadeh
WR - Anquan Boldin
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Plaxico Burress
WR - Jerry Porter
WR - Lee Evans
K- Lawrence Tynes
D - Roy Williams
D - Julian Peterson
D - Simeon Rice

That's about it for tonight. I have a question for New England hockey fans...on the way home tonight, I asked myself. "Hey, I wonder what ever happened to Carol Vadnais?" Don't know why...it just came up.

Have a great one peeps...make sure to get your votes in on the yahoo poll...check back this weekend for football picks - I'm bound to win one week...Hazel's help would be appreciated.

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world.

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps...Given that Big Papi and Manny were focal points in this entry...

Oye Mi Canto - N.O.R.E (don't ask me why...)

Peesth out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter