Sunday, December 04, 2005

Why I Love/Hate The NFL

Hey Peeps, and anyone else checking in, thanks for stopping by. A special hey goes to Ms. Hazel Mae if she has taken a few minutes out of her day or evening to peek in.

So I finally have a pretty damn good week in the NFL...I should be happy right? My NFL Sunday, actually the whole damn weekend, could be summed up by the plight of the damn Miami Dolphins. If you read my weekend picks, you know that Miami was my suicide pick in the Straight Up pool I'm in - so I should be happy...BUT...Miami's failure to cover the spread (or win by 4 or more) cost my four Pro-Line tickets that would have totalled about $1,100 bucks...Stupid Dolphins, I hope they go through the rest of the freakin' season without a win.

Have I mentioned how much I hate the Detroit Lions? I'm sure this will make a few people chuckle...if Hazel is checking in, I'm hoping for a little sympathy on this one. For those of you that play Pro-Line, you know about the Pools sheet - picking NFL games straight up. I decided to play the Pools today...but I boxed my two least favourite picks...Cincinnati and Dallas - I figured with a new coach and Harrington's ass firmly planted on the sidelines, that the Lions might pull one out - dammit. So going into tonight, I have 13 out of 14, with San Diego and Seattle as my last two picks...you may (or may not) be asking yourself "What will 15 out of 16 get you if San Diego and Seattle win?" Judging by results from past weeks...a big fat ZERO...you pretty much have to go perfect to win the pools. So the Lions ineptitude could end up costing me thousands - you can insert your own swear words here. Would Hazel have made a difference? Would she have talked me out of the Lions? I bet she would have...I wish she would have. So Hazel - about next week's picks...you know where to find me.

I mentioned my weekend - that is because on Saturday the freaking Blackburn Rovers of the English Premiership lost 2-0 to Everton...the same Everton team that has been awful all year. The egg dropped by the Rovers cost me $573.90 on Saturday. Wankers!

These three groups of (insert your own derogatory term here) are the lead "Zeros" in tomorrow's version of Hazel's Monday Heroes and the Not-So-Heroic.

The Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps, for the Lions and the Rovers...and my Pro-Line tickets

Loser - Beck

Come on now, no comments...don't take the easy shot, don't kick me while I'm down.

Peesth Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter