Thursday, October 06, 2005

Confusion Never Stops...Closin' Walls And Tickin' Clocks

Hey peeps, and anyone else checkin in...especially you know who.

The title of this entry has less to do with (the late) Weird and Whacked Wednesdays updates...and more with the song I am listening to right now... "Clocks" -White Label Remix (Coldplay)...I highly recommend downloading it. So as I look at the clock...sip my port...and have some dark chocolate, I'm seeing this entry as a "weekend long update/stream of consciousness" with no real rhyme or reason (no smart assed comments on that last thought)...

Closin' Walls and Tickin' Clocks
Does this sound like the plight of the Boston Red Sox? While some people are pushing the panic button (are any members of Red Sox Nation reading?) I am not quite ready to do that. Yes, I know it is easy to say that when my interest in the Red Sox is merely a bit more than casual (I like the Sox...but the Dodgers are my team). The Red Sox are going home for games three and four - they WILL win both...no ifs, ands, or buts - watch Ortiz, Ramirez and Millar (yes...i'm saying Millar will come through) lift the Red Sox. Given how shaky the White Sox have been over the last month and a half...they are fragile. It may be the Port talking...but the Red Sox will walk into Chicago next week, with thoughts of Hazel Mae - sorry - thoughts of last year's visit to Yankee Stadium, and they will spank the Sox. They won't do it with pitching...which may be their ultimate downfall...but not in this Series.

"Hey Ya" - Outkast is on right now...fitting as I finish thought..."shake it, shake it, shake it like a poloroid picture...now Beyonce, and Lucy Liu (and Hazel Mae)...you know what to do."

"She Talks To Angels" - Black Crowes...no explanation needed.

Speaking of closin' walls...say goodnight and goodbye to the San Diego Padres...no surprise. The Angels won last night...they had to - I think last night's win carries over into a split in NY; and going back to LA for a game five - Angels and the Sox in American League Championship Series...Vlad and Figgins carry the Angels. The Astros split in Atlanta, and Roger Clemens got kicked tonight - it will only happen once in the series. The series won't go back to Atlanta.
"Mystic Eyes" - Van Morrison... these songs bringing anyone to mind?

Clock is tickin on my NFL picks this week...I guess I'll post them tomorrow - for all to laugh at. Still looking for suggestions; I should post them earlier and start a discussion on yahoo...get feedback there. This week's pics are really tough...a lot of road favourites; always a scary proposition. "I Like To Move It" - Reel to Reel.

Damn, the clock just struck on tonight's post - my buddy is on the phone. Days Go By - Dirty Vegas

Thank you for stopping by and spending a few minutes...hope things are good with you.

Hazel, hope things are groovy in your world. Keep the faith - the Leafs will be fine!

More to come tomorrow.

Peesth out. Oye Mi Canto - N.O.R.E (for Big Papi and Manny)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter