Sunday, December 18, 2005

Ouch!

Hey Peeps, and anyone else checking in. A special "hey" goes out to Ms. Hazel Mae.

What a disappointing Sunday...what a disappointing NFL weekend. After watching that lame duck performance the Cowboys put in, I'm taking a seat next to Hazel on the couch for the disgruntled. I am speechless after watching that game today...we will have to put that one out of our mind and go down to Carolina next Saturday. I guess Hazel didn't send any good karma over to Landover this weekend - was it something I said? Something I didn't say?

After watching the Patriots yesterday, I am convinced they are coming out of the AFC - they have that look about them. I am even more convinced of that today after watching the San Diego Chargers beat up on Peyton Manning and the Colts. Was it just me, or did the Chargers look like the Patriots this afternoon? Schottenheimer must have taken a page from the gospel according to Bill and Romeo. The Chargers pressured, hurried and knocked Manning around all afternoon - Manning looked frustrated, confused and beaten this afternoon...just like he when he used to face the Patriots. For those of you that think today was no big deal, that it just allows the Colts to concentrate on the playoffs...not so fast. This game was much more than that - this game was about showing the rest of the NFL that they are for real...that they can handle the league's elite, that they can't be intimidated anymore, that they are indeed the real deal. Instead, they showed themselves to be soft - AGAIN. The Patriots were watching today - the Chargers provided a great reminder to Bruschi, Seymour and Co. about what it takes to beat the Colts. New England must be smiling right now...I bet Hazel is too - nice.

Speaking of smiling - I wonder if I can convince Hazel to pick a national league team to root for - why not the Boston Red Sox West - aka the Los Angeles Dodgers? They signed Grady Little as their Manager, they signed Bill Mueller (a guy who helped Hazel settle in to the Boston sports scene - by helping her out at Spring Training 2005), and now NO-MAH. Yep, the Dodgers signed Nomar Garciaparra to a 1 year deal today...news conference tomorrow. I think Hazel would look great in Dodger Blue...I am willing to send along my treasured Pedro Guerrero #28 jersey.

More to come tomorrow...the Hazies. I'm going back to watching Ron Mexico and the Falcons.

Have a great one peeps...Hazel I hope things are groovy in your world.

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps...after watching my Cowboys have it handed to them this afternoon..

Bring On The Night - The Police

The afternoon has slowly passed me by
The evening spreads itself against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow, just another day
So I bid this yesterday, goodbye

Bring on the night
I couldn't stand another hour of day light

Peesth Out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter