Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Tuesday's musings

Hey peeps, and anyone else checking in. A special hey goes out to Ms. Hazel Mae if she is taking time out of her busy schedule to check in at some point. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

As I sit down to type tonight's entry and take a sip of my Port, You Talk Too Much - Run DMC is now playing - no smart remarks please.

The weather sucked here today - snow and rain, cold and damp...but all in all it was a good day. So in scanning what's making news in the world of sports today - it is evident that Tuesdays seem to be a slow day. I'm trying to decide on my picks for this week's NFL schedule - I'm ready to start flipping a coin...but I'm going to forge ahead with what I believe to be my informed (or ill-informed) picks this week - memo to Hazel is she is reading...any time you wanna submit your picks, they would be appreciated!

Clocks (Royskopp Remix) - Coldplay now playing.

So if Hazel was checking in...what would catch her interest that she may not have seen yet?

How about some good news for Leaf Nation? It seems that at least one person is showing the Leafs some love and respect these days. Wes Goldstein, Cbs Sportsline Staff Writer, is giving the Leafs some credit for their play of late and has them climbing up the NHL's power rankings. I am not one of those predicting doom and gloom for the Buds - I see them finishing between 5th and 7th in the Conference and gearing up for a playoff run.

Speaking of the Toronto Maple Leafs (the NHL's Boston Red Sox) The Big E (no, not Elvis) Eric Lindros played in his 700th game; with 8 concussions and bad a number of other injuries...you can't question this guy's heart and commitment to the game - though feel free to hate his parents.

Shut Up - Black Eyed Peas...again, no smart comments or suggestions.

Lots of talk up here about Team Canada and whether or not Mario Lemieux and Steve Yzerman should step aside to allow guys like Sidney Crosby, Eric Staal, and Jason Spezza to make the team. Personally, I think Yzerman should step aside - he is showing his age. Lemieux is a different matter - he is the only current NHLer than has EARNED the right to call his shot...he would be a contributor - Yzerman wouldn't.

This won't be news to anyone who follows the NHL, but after a scary incident in Detroit last night, Wings D Jiri Fischer is recovering after suffering a seizure on the bench.

Hey Ya - Outkast...I think they should have included "Hazel Mae" with Beyonce and Lucy Liu when calling for them to shake it like a poloroid picture - but I'm biased.

Oye Mi Canto - N.O.R.E ft. Nina Sky

Hazel must know about this...but when N.O.R.E is on, I always think of Big Papi and Manny Ramirez. Ortiz says that Ramirez is as good as gone in Boston - not surprising after yesterday's trade...but Ortiz can't be happy seeing his two best friends go. Watch for the Sox to go back to Florida and start talking about Delgado and Juan Pierre once Manny goes. One question - If Ramirez goes...will Ortiz go after his contract is up? ( I think yes...) but more importantly will Hazel go? She said when she moved to Boston - she only knew Pedro, Manny and Big Papi...if all three are gone...shouldn't she follow? Kidding...wishful thinking.

Alabama Hotel Room - Matthew Good

The Blue Jays (probably the Chickenhawk) announced that a split squad will play the Canadian national team on March 3rd. You gotta love the Jays commitment to Canadian baseball - I think the famous pic of Hazel in a Jays cap should be photo-shopped and changed to a Leaf hat.

Ok..I've gotta head out. My buddy in Hamilton is on the horn - fitting as I Want To Break Free - Queen is on.

Have a great one peeps. Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world. By the way, your horoscope for today read:

The sky is the limit today. You can do anything you put your mind to. Take on a competitive challenge. Your changing attitude may concern someone, but it will be just what you need to move forward. 5 stars

Here's hoping it was that good of a day for you...it was for me.

Peesth out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter