Thursday, November 03, 2005

Revisions Revisions Revisions

Hey peeps, and anyone else checking in - from those of you that check in periodically to regularly...to those who are here for the first time - thanks for stopping by. A special "hey" goes to Ms. Hazel Mae if she is peeking...I really hope the opinion piece didn't create more trouble.

So I was supposed to post Monday and Wednesday's thoughts/content here tonight...but I decided to revise my last post - I don't know who will be the judge of whether it was worth it or not...but I am ok with the final product. It may be a bit rough around the edges, but I think I got the point across nicely.

So for tonight, I'm just going to go with the Wednesday entry - the weird and whacked.

NFL
Our boy Terrell Owens has told the Philadelphia Eagles that he hurt his ankle last week against the Broncos and may not play against Washington this Sunday...what is so weird about that you ask? Terrell has also told the team he might not be ready to play Dallas on a Monday night game - is Terrell posturing? griping about the fortunes of the Eagles this year? Or is this about his contract...I'll let you be the judge.


What would a Wednesday update be without mention of another charge laid against an NFL player? Rueben Droughans of the Browns was charged with DUI this week - while I applaud Droughans for owning up to things...my question is - with the money you make...you couldn't call a damn cab? Jayzus...Poor Romeo Crennell has his hands full with Rueben and Mr. Winslow Jr. Makes Trent Dilfer look a hell of a lot better.

Joey Harrington is going to start for Detroit this week - luckily for Joey and Detroit fans...its the Vikings. That is gonna be ugly.

BASEBALL
Damn...Theo Epstein was serious about leaving the Red Sox...or???? (Dodgers...Dodgers...Dodgers) - I still think he will wind up in Boston again...

What is a sure fire cure for depression? Well, if you are A-Rod, its gambling in illegal poker clubs. The Yankees are worried about the image of their "Latino Roy Hobbs" - funny thing, A-Rod's agent Scott Boros was quick to point out the Yankees never talked to A-Rod about this stuff...ummm ok. But he still attends games in these clubs...correct?

Speaking of the Yankees...they hire "laid back Lee Mazzilli" and "crazy and uptight Larry Bowa" to their coaching staff - Torre is going to have one fun freakin' club house.

Doc Gooden made the news again...if you care to read...click the link. I'm tired of Doc.

BOXING
John Ruiz is suing James Toney. Ruiz lost a title bout to Toney in the spring - Toney was found to have used steroids and was subsequently stripped of the title he won and suspended from fighting for the WBA title (he can fight for others?) for two years. Ruiz is claiming that the fraudulent victory cost him money...only in America I guess.

I think that about does it for tonight...long freakin day.

Goodnight to one and all...thanks for stopping by. To Hazel: I hope things are groovy in your world.

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps

For Terrell who wants more of it
For Rueben who seemingly didn't have enough of it to call a cab
For Theo Epstein who claims his decision wasn't based on it
For A-Rod who hits illegal clubs to get more of it...or watch it being thrown around
For John Ruiz who is going to court for it...

Money - Pink Floyd


Money, its a trip
don't give me that
do goody good
bullshit

Peesth out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter