Saturday, March 31, 2007

Taking It Down Tonight

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in.

The Pittsburgh Penguins visit the ACC tonight to play the Maple Leafs in, wait for it, a must win game for the good guys in blue and white - how many times have we used "must win" in the last couple of weeks. The Leafs have can move into sole possession of eighth place in the Eastern Conference with a win over Crosby, Malkin and the Penguins - coupled with a Montreal loss against Buffalo tonight at the Bell Centre. We have a good feeling about tonight's game against the Penguins; the Leafs have won six in a row at home, so why not make it lucky number 7? Leafs takin' it down tonight.

We're hoping that the Sabres aren't Lindy on the road tonight against a Habs team that was steamrolled last night by the SenaTards - I have to grudgingly give thanks to the guys that wear the Trojan logo on their shirts, they really helped the Maple Leafs' cause last night.

We're keeping it short today - Toronto knows what they have to do, so there isn't much else to be said; except...Hazel Karma at the ACC tonight.

Speaking of "takin' it down" - I'm going over to Ottawa_Tilt's for our monthly poker game...and I plan to take it down. Tilt, if you read this before I get to your place tonight - I'm gonna kick your ass tonight.

HAZEL'S THREE STARS
Dallas Stars C Mike Ribeiro had a goal and an assist in a 4-3 shootout win over the Red Wings in Detroit last night - you know the deal with Ribeiro here.

Buffalo Sabres C Chris Drury had two goals and an assist in a 6-4 victory over the drowning Islanders - good for the Leafs and good for last night's Three Play.

Ottawa SenaTards C Mike Fisher had two goals and an assist in a 5-2 win over the Habs - I know I've said I would never give a SenaTards player one of Hazel's Stars...but come on, they beat the Habs and Leaf Nation was looking for that. Plus, Fisher is the only acceptable SenaTard - to Red Sox fans, I'll say he's like Derek Jeter to Red Sox Nation; you hate him, but you respect him (kinda).

SATURDAY THREE PLAY
Another 3-0 night bringing the bankroll for the week up to + $835 - not too friggin bad huh?

Ottawa over NY Islanders - Mike Dunham was shelled last night, and it won't get any easier tonight. The Islanders are done without DiPietro - so cash in while you can. Lay $100 on the SenaTards - $200.

Tampa Bay over Washington - Tampa will be flying high after last night's win against Carolina, while we hate picking them (because of what it means for the Leafs), but we have to go with the winners. Lay $100 on the Lightning - $280.

Dallas over Nashville - I know I've said the Preds are lights out at home, but the Stars are one of the few teams that gives them trouble - call this the upset special.. Lay $50 on the Stars + $155.

That's it for this afternoon gang - have a great Saturday.

HAZEL'S SATURDAY HOROSCOPE
You may find yourself putting in extra time on a project. Perfectionism isn't a bad thing if it gives you the edge and helps you get what you want. Concentrate on your future goals. 3 stars

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world - send that good Karma up to the ACC ok?

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps - a good friend of mine is convinced that men have "cycles", I'm not buying it, but I'm too afraid to tell her that. Who knows? All I know is that right now I'm craving salt and vinegar chips, dark chocolate, Guinness and some Port - maybe she has a point; especially considering today's songs

Baby - Ashanti (Crooked I Remix)
I got my little momma's back
Its more than just hopping in the sack
I guess opposites attract
Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby.

or

Hung Up - Madonna (We're still feeling the Material Girl here)

Peesth Out...Buh Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter