Sunday, December 03, 2006

D-Day For G-Men

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

NFL Sunday baby, and the game of the day is the Dallas Cowboys in New York to face the Giants at 4:15 p.m. The Dallas Cowboys are looking to put their boots in the throats of the Giants today and take a commanding lead in the NFC East. The Tuna has the Boys on a roll, while the Giants are in a shambles - with the coach calling out players, players calling out the coach, and players even calling out the media. Go Big D.

We aren't going to talk about the NHL last night - it sucked for both of Hazel's teams...we'll leave it at that.

HAZEL'S THREE STARS
Anaheim Ducks' RW Teemu Selanne had two goals and an assist in a 4-3 victory over the Kings yesterday afternoon. Ya, it was just the Kings...but anyone who helps our Three Play out is golden for one of Hazel's stars.

Columbus Blue Jackets' G Frederik Norrena made 21 stops in a 4-0 shutout win over the Oilers in Edmonton. You may be wondering who Frederik Norrena is, we were too - but as this is likely his first and last shot at getting one of Hazel's stars, we had to highlight his performance.

Vancouver Canucks' G Roberto Luongo was unbelieveable last night, making 40 saves in a 2-1 victory over the Colorado Avalanche.


SUNDAY THREE PLAY
Well we are back in the black for the week after going 3-1 on the day yesterday. My apologies go out to anyone following the three play - I didn't trust my first instinct last night and it may have cost you some dough...lots of dough.

I was solid on my first three picks - Anaheim, the SenaTards and Nashville (I can't believe they can't beat the stinking Blackhawks); however I waffled on my last pick. I had written in San Jose, but then deleted the pick to put in Columbus (who were + $200 dogs last night)...I was about to hit enter, when I deleted the Columbus pick and substituted it for Crosby and the Penguins against the Islanders. We're $200 in the red for the week, but we'll get it back today.

Pittsburgh -7.5 over Tampa Bay - like I said in my pool picks, I think Cowher is going to fire his team up with talk of playing like defending champions - which means Roethlisberger will hand the ball off all day and let his O-line wear down the Bucs D. I can't see Tampa's offence getting much done against the Steelers. Lay $75 down on Pittsburgh.

Atlanta +1 over Washington - look, I know I've said I don't trust Ron Mexico - and I don't. As little faith as I have in Vick, I have less in Washington - they are just plain bad. Atlanta will take the game out of Vick's hands and let Warrick Dunn and the O-line dominate the Redskins. It will be a time of possession and field possession type of game - so I'll take Dunn over Ladell Betts. Lay $75 on the Falcons...God help me, I'm calling for Vick to win.

San Diego -6.5 over Buffalo - The Chargers have too much on both sides of the ball for the Bills to deal with. I am aware that this is San Diego's 3 road game in the last four weeks, and that this is the second time they are travelling over three time zones - doesn't matter. Rivers vs. Losman, Tomlinson vs Magahee...you decide. Lay $50 on the Chargers.

That's about it for this morning - have a great one peeps! DJames, phone home!

HAZEL'S SUNDAY HOROSCOPE

Venture out and try your hand at something new. Take in a trade show or attend a function that will allow you to meet people who have similar interests. An e-mail or phone call will have an impact on your future. 3 stars

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world.

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps - morning wake up song...its been a while since we featured one from my girl...

I'm Like A Bird - Nelly Furtado

Peesth Out...Buh Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter