Friday, December 01, 2006

A Special Message To My Friend

Tonight's entry is not related to sports, and as such likely won't make sense to you, the peeps, "anyone else checking in" or Hazel Mae herself. So you can ignore it and wait for tomorrow's entry.

Tonight's message is for one person - a person who is, at different times:
  • my friend - I don't know how to explain it other than to say "to the extent they can be";

  • my partner in crime - willing to help me out and expecting nothing in return - stirring up trouble, but always having my back when it gets out of hand;

  • my cold slap in the face - quick with a reality check when I get a little heated or stupid over things that amount to nothing in the grand scheme of things ;

  • my adversary/nemisis - there to tell me that I'm wrong, that I don't know what I'm talking about, or there to tell me off - never letting me take our "friendship" for granted or to get too comfortable with it.
This message is for you.

I know there are times when you don't know what to make of me, when I might drive you crazy to the point of wanting to punch me, or frustrate you to the point of telling me to go to hell. I'm sorry - I don't know what else to say except, "I'm sorry...I don't mean to." One day, I'll summon up the courage (or "balls" as you would put it) to explain, to come clean, to confess - but tonight isn't the night.

I guess I thought that you would have dealt with enough of us "porkchops" to know what we are like - my bad for assuming.

So tonight's song of the night is for you - before you read the lyrics, you should probably look up two words "saudade" and "fado", they might help you understand things when it comes to "my peeps" - and why you may want to laugh with me one minute, and punch me in the nose the next.

Never mind...I was going to post lyrics to "Loucura" by Mariza, but it would be "overdoing it" - and you might really want to slap me for being sappy.

I am just going to say:
Thank You for putting up with my dumb ass.

Don't worry, we don't have to discuss this and as always, its cool. Maybe one day we'll discuss it over a beer - my round. Remember, I'll always have your back.

Goodnight "bud"...
I hope you read this before it gets buried too far down the page (ya, I'd like to believe you check in more often that you let on).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter