Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Sweet 16

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

I haven't been paying too much attention to things this weekend - I'll catch up tomorrow - it started out as a great weekend and ended up pretty much the same way. The gang on the Yahoo site knows that I started playing in a weekly poker tournament, with the grand prize being a trip to Las Vegas. Tonight was the second semi-final night, with 24 people vying for 8 spots in the final on Wednesday. I had nothing all night, NOTHING...but I managed to hang around to finish 8th. I won 8th with a 3 of clubs on the river to give me trip 3's. I'm in the final 16...don't think I'll pull it off - but Chris Moneymaker probably thought the same thing when he started out in that World Series of Poker tournament a couple of years back.

You may be asking yourself, "What does poker have to do with sports?" I have asked myself the same question...but up here, TSN, the Score and Rogers Sportsnet keeps showing poker - so, it works on this page.

More to come tomorrow...have a great one peeps.

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world. I hope it was a little bit of Hazel Karma working for me tonight...if it was, I could use a whole bunch of it Wednesday!

Song of the Night on Hazelspeeps - what was playing in the background when I hit that 3rd trey (it was intermission of the Montreal/Carolina game so the music was on)

Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz (and man did I ever feel good when that 3 came up)

Peesth Out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter