Thursday, January 12, 2006

Wednesday's Leftovers

Hey Peeps, and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

So there were a few things that caught my attention today - they are most definitely "Weird Whacked Wednesday" worthy. Just a quick post for a Thursday night - my boss is going to be calling me for our day tomorrow, and I have to think about these damn NFL picks this weekend. If Hazel doesn't check in with her picks one of these days...I'm going to have to resort to asking "Renee" for her opinion - every worse, I might even ask DJames! Hazel?

THE TEFLON DON
Jim Kelley of Rogers Sportsnet (and the Fan 590) writes about how Mike Milbury has lead a charmed life on Long Island; for those of you who haven't heard - Milbury fired Isles coach Steve Stirling, and announced he was stepping down as GM to serve as Vice-President in charge Charles Wang sports properties. Kelley highlights some of Milbury's dumber trades - and there were PLENTY of them. It is worth checking out the article - though scary thing is that he mentions that Brent Sutter might be interested. Interim head coach Brad Shaw is there for days.

Tonight on Hockey Central (Rogers Sportsnet) Bill "I Still Hate The Leafs" Watters pointed out that Milbury has traded away 17 first rounders in his 10 year stint as Isles GM. Watters, Kelley and Darren Dreger did everything but laugh out loud at how much of a joke Milbury has been as an NHL GM. When I think about Mike Milbury...I have no problem saying - "I could do a better job." I really believe that.

THE NIGHT TRAIN TAKES THE BUS?
Alexander Mogilny, who will forever be known as "The Night Train" practiced today with the Albany River Rats - New Jersey's AHL team. Mogilny for his part was a smart alec when asked about what the Devils asked him to work on. You know he's laughing - $3.5 M to play in the AHL. Gotta love ALMO.

DAZED AND CONFUSED?
U.S. Ski Racer Bode Miller apologized for the pain and confusion caused by his comments during the 60 Minutes interview. The US Ski Federation must have torn a strip and a half out of him. I wonder what Miller was on at this news conference, especially when he responded to a question with -

"The most important thing is that I wanted to come out to mostly my family and friends...But also we have a lot of people who supported me along the way, through my team and even just family and friends who have supported me , who I think are subject to only what the media puts out in America."

HUH? Can someone PLEASE tell me what he means? Can anyone make sense of this? Shyte, even Milbury isn't this dumb...or is he? I was in a meeting where a very senior politician once said "I never answer any question I don't like - instead, I just answer the question I wanted to be asked". Bode has his own way to rock I guess.

Well, have a great one Peeps...I'm outta here. Visit the yahoo site to register your picks for this week's NFL action. And if you are in New England, sign up for DJames' march to Fenway where he will lead the peeps!

Hazel, hope things are groovy in your world.

Song of the Night on Hazelspeeps - For Bode Miller

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer - George Thorogood (originally done by John Lee Hooker).

SENATARDS LOSE! SENATARDS LOSE!!!! in other related news, Bruins get shellacked by the Kings.

Peesth Out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter