Thursday, December 21, 2006

How Does It Feel Curt?

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

The Boston Baseball Writers Association dinner will be held on January 11, 2007 - the BBWA will present a number of awards voted on by their membership. Red Sox P Jonathan Papelbon will be awarded Red Sox Rookie of the Year, Red Sox Pitcher of the Year, and Red Sox Fireman of the Year.

Fans of Curt Schilling should not feel slighted, the always charming and "engaging" veteran will be honoured as the Red Sox Comeback Player of the Year. I don't know if Schilling will be there to accept his award - remember, to accept this award would be admitting he had an off season in 2005 - but I wouldn't put it past him to show up and do part of his speech in Japanese. I'm reminded of a quote attributed to former Blue Jays' 3B Kelly Gruber, who like Schilling, was a publicity hound (Hazel would remember Gruber). I think it was 1B Willie Upshaw that said of Gruber - "That guy would attend a car-door opening if it got his face in the paper." Red Sox Nation, I'll let you decide if that applies to Schilling.

HAZEL'S THREE STARS
Detroit Red Wings' D Niklas Lidstrom had a goal and an assist in a 5-0 shutout win over the Blue Jackets - which was good for last night's Three Play.

Nashville Predators LW Paul Kariya had both goals in a 2-1 win over the Chicago Blackhawks last night.

Anaheim Ducks RW Corey Perry also had two goals in a 4-1 victory over the Dallas Stars - again good for the Three Play.


THURSDAY THREE PLAY
We had another good night last night, going 2-0 and increasing the total for the week to $225. Tonight's picks

Green Bay -3.5 over Minnesota - see last night's explanation (both of them). Lay $50 on Green Bay.

San Jose over Dallas - the Stars dropped one last night in Anaheim; they shouldn't expect things to get any easier in San Jose. Lay $50 on San Jose - $210.

Ottawa over Tampa Bay - the SenaTards are feeling the heat from the media and their fans after a few bad performances...no one in Tampa cares about the Lightning. Lay $50 on the Tards - $220.

Good luck gang.

HAZEL'S THURSDAY HOROSCOPE
You may discover that someone misinterprets what you say. Prepare to make corrections and continue on as swiftly as possible. Money can be made but be sure you have everything in order before you make your move. 2 stars

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world and that you are getting ready for a very safe and happy Christmas weekend with your loved ones.

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps - in case you missed it last night, I'm reposting Renee's request in its entirety.

I found a song that I wanted to dedicate to people who are supporting family and friends, or know of them, who are battling a terminal illness this holiday season. Its a tough time of year the holidays - enduring thistime...

The song is by Tim McGraw who was inspired by his father MLB pitching legend Tug McGraw who died of cancer.

LIVE LIKE YOU WERE DYIN - Tim McGraw

He said I was in my early forties with a lot of life before me
When a moment came that stopped me on a dime.
I spent most of the next days lookin' at the x-rays
Talkin' about the options - talkin' about sweet time.
I asked him when it sank in
That this could really be the real end
Hows it hit ya when you get that kinda news?
Man what'd you do?

He said
(chorus)
I went sky divin'
I went Rocky Mountain Climbin'
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Manchu
And I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denyin'
He said someday I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dyin'....

He said I was finally the husband that most of the time I wasn't
I became the kind of friend a friend would like to have
And all of a sudden goin' fishin'
Wasn't such an imposition
And I went 3 times that year I lost my dad
Finally read the Good book
And took a good long hard look
At what I'd do if I could do it all again

(Chorus)
So I went sky divin'
I went Rocky Mountain Climbin'
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Manchu
And I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying.
He said someday I hope you get the chance
To Live Like you were dyin'

Like tomorrow was a gift
And you got eternity to think what did you do with it?
What would you do with it?
What did you do with it?

I went sky divin'
I went Rocky Mountain' climbin'
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Manchu
And I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I watched an eagle as it was flyin'
And he said I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dyin'.....

Renee


Peesth Out...Buh Bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter