Monday, May 08, 2006

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

It was an eventful Sunday to say the least; some of it good, some of it bad, and then there was the stuff that had me fit to be tied. Before I start this morning's post - a special shout out goes to Steve Nash of the Phoenix Suns who was named NBA MVP for the second straight year. I don't normally do basketball - but this deserves mention.

The Good
The final weekend of the English Premiership was a profitable one for me. There were a series of stories that hit the wire early this morning that made picking pro-line tickets relatively easy today (if there is such a thing). I loaded up on Newcastle to beat Chelsea (yes, I bet against Portuguse National Team North - but only because I knew Mourinho was sitting the first team) and West Ham to beat Tottenham (the Spurs had a number of players suffering from food poisoning) so I won a couple of tickets in the morning. The Sharks winning completed a nice "long odds" ticket for me - so that was all very good.

The Bad
Osasuna of the Spanish Primera Liga lost today against Racing Santander, a bottom feeder with a poor home record. Osasuna was winning 1-0 55 minutes...only to give up two late goals and blow my long odds ticket to bits. 5 out of 6 got me a big fat zero - had Osasuna won, I would have won $700. To say that I was just a little upset would be putting it mildly.

The Ugly
Shawn Green and Adam Dunn (neither of whom are particularly handsome) - but there head to head this weekend killed me. Shawn Green's failure to even come up with a single on Friday to beat Adam Dunn's 0-fer wound up blowing a long shot ticket worth $500. Adam Dunn's failure to get a hit on Saturday to beat Green's 0-fer blew ANOTHER $500 ticket. I'd like to send these two out for dinner - AFTER I find out who cooked up the hearty good meals served up to the Tottenham Spurs.

Look for these guys and more later in the Weekend Recap edition of Hazel's Heroes and "not-so-heroic". I've got to book now. Have a great one peeps.

HAZEL'S MONDAY HOROSCOPE
Finish what you start today if you want to gain respect. You have the ability to take charge and get things done. Take control and you will impress someone who is considering you for a new project. 3 stars

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world.

Song of the morning on Hazelspeeps - wake up song

Monday Morning - Skydiggers

Peesth Out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter