Thursday, March 16, 2006

I'm All In

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

The title? Well, for those of you that noticed that there wasn't a Wednesady update - I went played poker last night. I've told the gang on yahoo that I'm in an eight week tournament with the grand prize being a trip to Vegas (Sunday night and Wednesday night groups). I went to see who is in the Wednesday pool...played in a side game and I actually won. I called my buddy's all in with an Ace - six in my hand - the idiot tried to bluff me with a Jack - deuce. So I won 80 bucks...nice.

Speaking of all in - another playoff type game for the Leafs tonight...in Buffalo. It is just setting up to be one of those games where everything says that they should lose tonight - Buffalo has their number, they NEVER win in Buffalo, the Sabres are playing for Lindy Ruff...etc. I can't help but think that this is where Pat Quinn pulls a rabbit out of his hat and the Leafs pull one out in Buffalo - I'm going to say Jeff O'Neill is tonight's star. We'll see...Hazel, if you are checking in, we could really used some good karma tonight.

I don't know about you, but I'm still trying to make sense of some of these signings in the NFL. I'll have to tune into WEEI to see what the reaction is on Willie McGinest signing in Cleveland - they must be going on about how greedy McGinest is to leave a city that loves him for a lousy few million dollars. I say that tongue in cheek because yesterday morning, John Dennis was going on about how David Givens left the Patriots for what amounted to $6 million over the life of the contract - "He is leaving a team that makes the playoffs every year and has a good shot at winning a couple more championships - for $6 million over the life of the deal." Hmmmm think about it John....it's $6 million...say it again - $6 MILLION.

I don't know why this surprises him so much - people in his industry move for more money all the time...why shouldn't a professional athlete? I'll leave you to ponder that. Here's another one to consider:

Are the Eagles going for an all "We Hate Terrell Team" - signing Jeff Garcia? I wonder if McNabb's hernia was worse than they let on....stay tuned.

Ok, I'm out...I'm working from home today. Have a great one peeps.

HAZEL'S THURSDAY HOROSCOPE
You will know exactly what you want to do or see happen. Proceed quietly instead of telling everyone your plans and things will unfold beautifully. Today can be a sign of what's to come. Stay on your toes. 3 stars

I don't know what to make of this one...so I'll just end off with my customary "Hey Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world."

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps - NFL Free Agent time

Money - Pink Floyd

Peesth Out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter