Monday, March 13, 2006

Happy Birthday B!!!!!

Hey Peeps (including Jenna, the newest member) and anyone else checking in. A special Monday morning "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

Yesterday was the culmination of what was certainly the most frustrating weekend I have ever had playing the sports lottery...where should I start (oh, I know you don't care...humour me - you might actually find yourself laughing at my misery):

That little bastard Sidney Crosby and the Penguins cost me two long shot tickets this weekend (on both tickets, I added in what I thought would be sure wins) - victories over New Jersey and the Flyers tonight saw about 600 go down the toilet (which is where I ended up flushing the tickets after I tore them up).

The Iowa-Ohio State game, by virtue of not finishing within a five point margin either way, ended up blowing about 700 bucks worth of tickets.

Juventus and AC Milan playing to a draw cost me 200 - Juventus who has been dominant at home this year.

So I was out about 75 bucks when it was all said and done. I managed to drag my can to the poker tournament tonight, and the night was going along pretty much as my weekend had - badly. I was getting beat on the river card all friggin night, you name it - two flush hands, a straight and 3 dueces just about had me out. But I rebounded...did I ever - and I really think it had a lot to do with Hazel Karma. I won't bore you with all the details - I inflicted that story on the peeps at the yahoo site...but I believe I had Hazel Karma tonight.

The NHL starts to heat up with the stretch run to the playoffs - for the purposes of this page, we'll focus on the Eastern Conference (with Hazel hopefully still being a member of Leaf Nation and for New Englanders who actually follow the Bruins). This will be a big week for the likes of the Maple Leafs, the Thrashers, the Habs and the Lightning - two spots left with four teams having a shot - I'm not counting the Islanders, a team that employs Mike Milbury can NOT succeed. The Bruins are pretty much down and out now, after another loss in Buffalo - let's hope they keep stinking it up against Toronto this week.

Teams on the upswing - Montreal and Atlanta

Teams on their way to crashing and burning - Tampa Bay and New Jersey (though they might have stockpiled just enough points to squeak in).

Teams having to make a move this week - Toronto...they have to pick up at least 7 points in the next five games or they are done. Hazel...Leaf Nation needs you.

So at a time where the NHL should be dominating headlines - ok maybe not in the U.S., but certainly up here - the NFL has done it again. Big signings south of the border - and plenty of rumours too.

Edgerrin James signs with Arizona - on the surface, a significant signing. But not everyone is enamoured with this one; the NFL analysts on CBS Sportsline tore this one apart.

Atwaan Randle-El signs with Washington - yet another dumb signing by the Redskins. They take a guy who is a special teams player and reward him for one play in the Super Bowl...a play that should never have happened.

Drew Brees might be going to the Saints - why I don't know. Talk is that he probably won't be ready until mid-season...why would New Orleans do this? Oh wait...its New Orleans.

Daunte Culpepper might be going to the Dolphins - figures huh? Most people think he wants to play in Florida where he played college ball - I think it has something to do with Miami being close to the ocean...Tub Rub II in Miami, starring Captain Stuebing aka Daunte Culpepper. I still think he is going to wind up in Oakland - with "Moss".

Adam Vinetieri winding up with the Cowboys? You never know...after the awful year Parcells had with his kickers...you have to wonder if Dallas will make a play for him. I know New England is going to hate me for that...but hey - just win baby.

The Hazies come later today...special mention goes to Miguel Pedro Mendes of Portsmouth. The Portuguese international scored two goals - the second ended the game in injury time - to lead Pompey to a 2 -1 win over Manchester City.

That's about it for me...I can't leave without wishing one of my best friends in the whole world a happy birthday...it's a big birthday for her - so HAPPY BIRTHDAY B!

Have a great day peeps!

HAZEL'S MONDAY HOROSCOPE
Keep your plans a secret for now. If you let everyone know what you are up to, someone will try to prevent you from following through. Don't let emotional issues hold you back. 3 stars

Hazel I hope things are groovy in your world.

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps - just because I woke up to it

Holiday - Green Day

Peesth Out!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter