Thursday, October 27, 2005

A Whacked Thursday

Hey Peeps, and anyone else checking in...a special hey goes to Ms. Hazel Mae (you know the deal with the "if she is..." ) thank you for taking the time to stop by. I should say hey to "Howdy" who left me a cryptic, yet amusing comment on yesterday's post - Bravo to Dr. Howdy and I suggest you visit his blog...rather amusing and I think it would get a thumbs (with perfectly manicured nails) up from Hazel herself.

So, Thursdays aren't usually "entry" days, but I had to take a bit of a break from writing my opinion piece - tentatively titled "The Double Entente & The Double Standard" coming soon to this page.

A quick entry for tonight...call it an addendum to Wednesday's entry...most of it sad though.

The Bruins beat the Leafs tonight - if Hazel was doing sportsdesk on NESN, then that would explain why the Leafs lost. If she was at the Fleet Center...then I just don't know. A 2-1 loss in the new NHL - who'da thunk it? Well, the Senatards are on tap this weekend...

Speaking of the 'Tards - they beat the Habs 4-3 in O/T tonight. The game winning goal saw Jason Spezza deke Sheldon Souray out with what can only be described as a Pee-Wee League move. I can't believe he got away with that crap. Souray threw a half-assed shoulder at Spezza while two Habs watched him waltz in front of Theodore and backhand one upstairs...Montreal looked weak. Speaking of Mr. Souray...

The Toronto Star carried a story about Montreal Police being called to Souray's residence after his wife Angelica Bridges (former Baywatch "star"????? and Playboy cover girl) claimed that Souray had assaulted her. I got this story from a Hab fan friend of mine...with the title "No Wonder Souray is Sucking"... you gotta love Montreal Canadien fans huh?

For our American friends...yesterday's Lotto 6/49 draw was worth $54M (I can't even make the "which equals about 25 bucks U.S" joke anymore)...and was won by one single ticket. There was a story on yahoo about the lottery frenzy up here last night...with a classic anecdote at the end...trust me, it is well worth the read...there is a hysterical ending - one I'm sure Hazel herself would find amusing.

So that is about it for tonight, as it is going to be a very long day tomorrow; but a bit more writing is in order...right after I go get myself some Port.

Have a great one gang...from the peeps, to those of you that check in regularly or semi-regularly, to the first time visitors...to of course Dr. Howdy. To Ms. Hazel Mae I say, I hope things are groovy in your world...enjoy your weekend!

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps...for the Leafs who lost to the damn Bruins...for Sheldon Souray who not only got served by his wife - but also Jason Spezza...to the drunken millionaire who got taken in the strip joint - I give you:

All You Ever Do Is Bring Me Down - The Mavericks

A latin-infused country song that rocks! I am certain Hazel would approve...it is a cool song - even if you don't like Country... you gotta like this one!

Peesth Out!

Mavericks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter