Saturday, April 21, 2007

Spring Is Here!

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

I don't know what things are like south of the border in New England, but up here, on the first nice Friday of spring there is an exodus of people (leaving early) from their places of work to hit a patio for drinks. I got a call yesterday afternoon from a woman I used to work with - telling me she was in town for a visit (she retired a few years ago) asking me to meet her and some former colleagues for a drink. I affectionately referred to her as my "work mom" as she used to say that I was the son she never had...and never wanted. So I joined the seniors for a drink, little did I know that my "work mom" remembered it was my b-day earlier this month and she had arranged for a surprised party for me. Well, an afternoon drink turned into a night of Caesars...thank god those angellic souls that volunteer to be designated drivers - God has a spot for all of you in heaven. The only bad thing was that my work mom bought me a SenaTards t-shirt, and insisted I put it on for a picture. Ugh.

We had a blurred eye on the night that was in the world of sports:

My pick for the Stanley Cup this year, the San Jose Sharks beat the Nashville Predators to advance to the next round of the playoffs;

The Red Sox took Game 1 of their weekend war with the Yankees, overcoming two home runs by ARod to win 7-6; it must be killing some members of Red Sox Nation that Coco Crisp was the man of the night - though he looked awful going over the fence in center field on a ball he should have caught.

Red Sox West keep chugging along, another win last night, this time a 10-2 pasting of the Pittsburgh Pirates.

The Toronto Blue Jays bullpen blows another lead, this time to the Orioles as they wound up losing 5-4; you know I'm loving the misery the Chickenhawk is going through right now...this is all on him.

HAZEL'S THREE STARS

San Jose Sharks C Patrick Marleau finally got it going last night, scoring two goals in the Sharks 3-2 victory over the Predators. Funny, while I was having Caesars with seniors (say that five times) I told an old-timer that if Marleau ever got going during the playoffs, the Sharks would be unbeatable.

Boston Red Sox CF Coco Crisp tripled in the tying run and scored the winning run on a single from Alex Cora; ya he should have caught ARod's shot...but given the tough time he's had in Boston, this might be the only time he is named one of Hazel's Stars. Somewhere Mike Adams must have that stupid smile on his face saying he is "Koo Koo for Coco".

Red Sox West P Randy Wolf gave up one run over six innings and struck out ten Pirates in the Dodgers 10-2 win last night; he's looking like one of the Dodgers better off season acquisitions.


SATURDAY THREE PLAY

We went 2-1 last night but only wound up $40 in the black on the night - thanks for nothing Florida. We'll get it right tonight.

Philadelphia over Cincinnati - we'll go with Cole Hamels (a member of the Maeple Leafs in the yahoo pool) to get it done in Cincy tonight. Lay $100 on the Phillies - $130.

Milwaukee over Houston - the Astros had a good time in Cincy earlier this week, they will find things decidely tougher against Chris Capuano tonight. Lay $100 on the Brewers - $150.

Florida over Washington - we are going with Anibal Sanchez (with Beckett's great start, has Red Sox Nation gotten over giving Sanchez up?) to beat the Nationals tonight. Lay $100 on the Marlins - $160.

Los Angeles Angels over Seattle - we'll go with Bartolo Colon to overpower the Mariners tonight, do we have to explain? Lay $100 on the Angels - $150.

That's it for today gang - I know I'm late, but spring is here dammit!


HAZEL'S SATURDAY HOROSCOPE
Your life philosophy is reflecting what you have experienced and what you know you need to do in the future. Questioning is good and will help you make the right choices. It's time to let go of the past and update your life. 4 stars

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world.

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps - with thoughts of last night (the drinks dammit)

Jerk It Out - The Caesars

Peesth Out...Buh Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter