Sunday, April 15, 2007

Playoff Time Means Playin' Hurt

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

The milestone birthday celebration week is finally over, and I survived - barely. Its playoff time and you have to play hurt sometimes, so with that in mind, I am posting this afternoon's suggested plays...believe me, I'm hurtin' as I post these.

Three wins yesterday - putting our total for the week up to a very respectable + $495...didn't I say Pittsburgh would win yesterday?

Calgary over Detroit - call this a hunch pick, or a hungover pick; I like the Flames to respond today and make amends for their awful performance in Game 1. Lay $50 on the Flames + $215.

Florida over Atlanta - another hunch pick, we like young Olsen to beat Tim Hudson and the Braves today. Lay $50 on the Marlins + $173.

Detroit over Toronto - Josh Towers takes the mounds for Hazel's old boys, so that means lots of balls in play today - not good when you are facing the Tigers. Nate Robertson goes for the Tigers. Lay $100 on Detroit - $108.

That's it for this morning gang - we'll be back later with our regular entry where we will look at the NHL's Road Warriors - and of course, the ultimate road warrior, the great Jackie Robinson who broke the colour barrier in MLB 60 years ago today.

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world.

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps - for the way I'm feeling right now.


Guitars & Cadillacs - Dwight Yoakum

If I can find my mind now
I'll just leave


Peesth Out...Buh Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter