Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Quick Hits

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

Administrative nightmare last night on the Yahoo site and second to last episode of Rescue Me - so I didn't make it back to do Part II of Hazies - The Champs and Chumps.

New England is split between rapture and disgust with news that Theo Epstein paid $51 M for the right to negotiate with Japanese P Daisuke Matsuzaka. I'll have more on this later - but what it boils down to is this (in my humble opinion)...this seems to me like a desperate move; I can't believe that Epstein is going to hang his hat and reputation on a young pitcher from Japan who has yet to prove anything. Good luck Epstein, Matsuzaka would be your savior...or more likely your albatross.

HAZEL'S THREE STARS
Jaromir Jagr of the New York Rangers scored two goals to lead his team back from a 2-0 deficit to beat the New Jersey Devils by a 3-2 count.

Former Leaf and current Phoenix Coyote Yanic Perreault scored two goals to lead the Coyotes to surprising 4-3 victory over Minnesota - which sucked for my two play last night.

Phoenix Coyotes tough guy Georges Laracque had two assists in last night's win. We like Georges here - the guy is a tough player with one great sense of humour.


WEDNESDAY'S THREE PLAY
Another tough night last night - we spilt on the night but would up being -$41. Our total for the week stands at -$76, but we'll recoup that tonight.

Anaheim over Philadelphia - the Ducks have lost one game all year, its tough to see them dropping one to the awful Flyers. Lay $50 on the Ducks -$350.

Dallas over NY Islanders - the Isles decent record is based on playing a lot of home games, they head down to Big D tonight - things will be different against a very good Dallas Stars team. Lay $75 on the Stars -$225.

San Jose over Colorado - the Sharks mailed one in against the Kings the other night, expect them to come out gangbusters over the Avs tonight. Lay $75 on the Sharks -$140.

One last thing - to my pal Renee who left a comment last night about the Patriots not making the playoffs. I'll put up a pair of my Toronto Maple Leafs boxers against a pair of your G-Strings that they will go to the Super Bowl! There you have it gang...have a great one peeps!

HAZEL'S WEDNESDAY HOROSCOPE
Get serious about finishing what you start. You can sail through life leaving lots of unfinished business behind you, or you can take today and sort through the debris, leaving you clear to move ahead. 3 stars

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world.

Song of the day on Hazelspeeps - for one person, who shouldn't take the lyrics to literally...but should feel the mood of the song...my pal

Fade Into You - Mazzy Star

I want to hold the hand inside you
I want to take a breath thats true
I look to you and I see nothing
I look to you to see the truth
You live your life
You go in shadows
Youll come apart and youll go black
Some kind of night into your darkness
Colors your eyes with whats not there.

Fade into you
Strange you never knew
Fade into you
I think its strange you never knew

A strangers light comes on slowly
A strangers heart without a home
You put your hands into your head
And then smiles cover your heart

Fade into you
Strange you never knew
Fade into you
I think its strange you never knew

Fade into you
Strange you never knew
Fade into you
I think its strange you never knew
I think its strange you never knew

Peesth Out..Buh Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter