Sunday, August 13, 2006

Monday Morning Newsmakers

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

It would seem all is relatively well in Red Sox Nation again - Boston beat the Orioles for the eleventh time this year and pulled within a game of the Yankees for first place in the A.L. East. Of note, Manny Ramirez's hit streak ended yesterday with an 0-3 game; leave it up to a jackass covering the game to say Ramirez might have been credited with a hit had he not jogged to 1st base on a grounder to the pitcher, which wound up being scored an error. Also of note, the Peeps say Hazel was taking in the game at Fenway yesterday...from my perspective the most important game note to be recorded.

Another streak came to an end last night - my boy Mark Texeira failed to reach base safely last night ending the streak at 36 games...good show though.

While it is widely accepted that David Ortiz is the best DH in the American League - you have to give it up to Cleveland's Travis Hafner who hit his sixth grand slam of the year yesterday, tying former Yankee Don Mattingly's mark. While Ortiz is the man in the clutch - there is something to be said for hitting six grand slams in less than 400 AB.

Speaking of clutch - Los Angeles Dodgers' rookie catcher Russell Martin hit a 10th inning HR to lead the Dodgers (aka Red Sox West) to a 1-0 victory over the hated Giants. Red Sox Nation - look on the bright side, if things don't work out in the A.L., I will personally invite you to join our World Series party...cuz it looks like we are back. Oh yeah, the other thing I forgot to mention - our boy Russell is from East York, Ontario - so I have to think Hazel would be down with a hometown boy getting some mention on this page.

It may only be pre-season, but count me as one of the happy people now that the NFL is back. I'm not going to go on and on about the Cowboys beating Seattle on Saturday night - but it looks like the Tuna has these guys ready to play this year.

Leave it to the French - who would guess that their favourite "celebrity" would be the Marseille's Mad Minator. Yes, 987 morons were polled and Zidane beat out former tennis star Yannick Noah for the honour. I don't know about you, but I was shocked to hear the French would admire such wonderful qualities as arrogance, aggression, selfishness and poor sportsmanship - oh wait, we were talking about the French...never mind, I get it now.

That's about it for this morning. Have a great one peeps.

HAZEL'S MONDAY HOROSCOPE
Don't make financial decisions today. This is not the time to gamble or to take on costly, major renovations. Concentrate on your home, family and easing the stress you are feeling. 3 stars


Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world.

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps - this one goes out to our friend Scott who likes to take the occasional cheap shot at our girl. Dude, I know you think you are funny and all - but the latest effort was weak. Come on dude...you can tell us. You have a crush on her don't you? You just don't know how to express it...right? You can tell us. Anyways, here is the song I came up with today...just for you buddy.

Jerk It Out - The Caesars

Shut up - hush your mouth
Can't you see you talk too loud?
No I can't hear nothing
Cuz I got my head up in the clouds
I bite off anything that I can chew
I'm chasing cars up and down the avenue
But that's ok

Cuz its easy - once you know how its done
You can't stop now - its already begun
You feel it - running through your bones
And you jerk it out

Peesth Out...Buh Bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter