Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My Guarantee For Wednesday

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

Ok, I am going to guarantee a couple of wins today; and unlike Rasheed Wallace my guarantees will BOTH come through today.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL
Ronaldinho, Deco and co. (F.C. Barcelona) square off tonight at the Stade de France in Paris against Thierry Henry and Arsenal. While this is being billed as a dream final, I don't see it that way. Arsenal had a disappointing year in the English Premiership this year; and while they have had some good luck in Champions League play, the clock strikes twelve this afternoon for Arsene Wenger's team (formerly known as the French National team North). Barcelona has too much firepower for Arsenal's young defence, they are on a mission to win the double - the Primera Liga and Champions League. The last big game before the World Cup - Ronaldinho and Deco make a statement today.

Barcelona WILL win, I'm going to say 3-1 (no guarantees on the final score - only the win).

GAME 6 - SAN JOSE & EDMONTON
Canadians are all moving over to the Olier's camp - but it won't help tonight. Joe Thornton has yet to dominate a game in this series, Vesa Toskala has yet to play a great game in this series, and Jonathan Cheechoo has been held in check - tonight that all changes. The Sharks will come out and match Edmonton in terms of speed - the difference will come with San Jose using their size to lean on Edmonton tonight. There are a couple of holes on that defence, and I believe San Jose will exploit the weaker links tonight. Look for San Jose's power play to be the difference, with Joe Thornton having a big game tonight.

San Jose WILL win tonight... 5-3 , with Thornton picking up a goal and two assists tonight.

For anyone who read last night's entry, what started out as a promising night on my pro-line tickets would up as a big fat goose egg.
  • Texas blew not one, but TWO leads in the last three innings against the Yankees...today I join Red Sox Nation (and Hazel) in hating the damn Yankees.

  • Vlad Guerrero had a HR in the first inning and didn't look back as he beat Vernon Wells in total bases.
Oh well...start today's ticket off with Barcelona and San Jose...maybe finish it off with Vernon pulling one out against Vlad tonight...maybe.

No Weird & Whacked Wednesday entry tonight - my second place finish at that poker tournament a couple of weeks ago got me a free pass into a two-week tournament that starts tonight. I didn't get any Hazel Karma last night...but I think I did at that tournament - maybe a little more tonight? I'll let you know later tonight or tomorrow.

Have a great one peeps.

HAZEL'S WEDNESDAY HOROSCOPE
If you are waiting for things to happen, nothing will get done. You have to go for it today and not worry about what anyone else is doing. Someone you care for will probably cause you grief. 2 stars

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world...if you see this today, I could use a good thought or two at the tournament tonight.

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps - diggin the new one by my girl Nelly Furtado

Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado

Peesth Out..Buh Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter