Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Come On Vernon!

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

Not much to write about tonight - I could fill some space with more excuses and nonsense from the land of the SenaTards...but really, wouldn't that be overkill? Actually, I'm thinking the latest can be reserved for Wednesday entry, because the garbage I heard today was just downright silly.

Wild night in MLB
  • the Texas Rangers were up tonight by a score of 9-0 in the top of the 2nd, and 10-3 after the 3rd - only to blow the lead by giving up 2 in the 5th, 6 in the 6th. Texas responds with 2 in the 7th...but hang on, they look like they are ready to give it up again. Yep...this is going to cost me ANOTHER pro-line ticket.

  • The San Francisco Giants who haven't been able to muster any sort of offence this year score 12 in Houston through 6 innings - no HRs for Bonds...Ruth can rest safely for the time being.

  • The Devil Rays are putting it to the White Sox right now...but given that bullpen in Tampa, expect the White Sox to come back. It just seems like that kind of night.
I'm looking for some Hazel Karma tonight - I need two of Hazel's friends to come through for me to make it a great night on the pro-line. I started a long shot ticket today with F.C Sevilla beating Real Madrid (4-3 Beckham scores two in a losing cause - haha) and Osasuna to beat Valencia (2-1) - the last two picks are:
  • Carlos Delgado to beat Albert Pujols in total bases (yes I picked against Pujols, he can't be superman every night)...they are tied 0-0 through the 7th; and

  • Vernon Wells to beat Vlad Guerrero tonight in total bases - COME ON VERNON (a Vernon win gives me a small winning ticket aside from the big one).
So Hazel, if you have the opportunity to peek in during a commercial break on SportsDesk - sent out some good vibes to your old buddies Carlos and Vernon...I'd be very grateful!

Might check back in later...if I don't - Have a great one peeps.

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world.

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps - music lesson time I found an old CD today; one of my all-time favourites by a band called Havana 3 a.m. Lead by The Clash's former bassist Paul Simonon - its a fusion of rockabilly and punk, with a latin flavour weaved in. No CD collection is complete without this one...trust me.

Death In The Afternoon - Havana 3 a.m. (ah...memories of a vacation in Acapulco years ago).

Peesth Out...Buh Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter