Sunday, January 01, 2006

Bring On The Playoff Pool

Hey Peeps, and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Ms. Hazel Mae.

A quick update tonight as I watch the last game of the 2005/06 season for my Dallas Cowboys. A thoroughly disappointing day today - with Ron Mexico and the Falcons doing jack squat against the Panthers...and the Eagles throwing away a game against the friggin Redskins. I guess Hazel Karma wasn't working today...guess I can't blame her after the Chiefs were eliminated today.

So, the pool season starts anew with a playoff suicide pool - I'm starting with New England this week against Jacksonville...I don't know what the spread is - but I don't care. I'm sticking with New England to come out of the AFC, and Seattle to be the NFC's sacrificial lamb.

Dammit I'm so pissed...the Redskins suck. Two plays that I knew would cost the Cowboys the season:

1) Santana Moss' first touchdown catch in week 2...

2) When Billy Cundiff missed that 34 yards field goal on Thanksgiving against the Broncos.

I can't believe this season has been lost by two lousy kickers...thanks for nothing Billy Cundiff and Jose Cortez. A decent kicker would have made Dallas a 12 - 4 team - damn. Stinking kickers.

So I'm going to take a seat on the couch of disgruntled NFL fans - right beside Hazel. We can comiserate about a season lost - and Hazel, I promise I won't bring up the Cowboys game. We won't go into the NFL - we'll talk:
  • Maple Leafs hockey

  • Baseball - Boston Red Sox vs. Boston Red Sox West (aka the Dodgers)

  • World Cup 2006 - you don't have to back the U.S. Forca Portugal!
I'm outta here for the night...back tomorrow with the Hazies.

Have a great one peeps...check your mail for the question of the week.

Hazel I hope things are groovy in your world...Sorry about the Chiefs.

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps - For this year's Dallas Cowboys and Kansas City Chiefs

Try Again - Aaliyah ft. Timbaland

If at first you don't succeed
If at first you don't succeed
You can dust it off and try again
Dust yourself off and try again


If you are a regular or semi-interested reader you'll remember that this song has been nominated before...20 points if you remember for what reason.

Peesth Out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter