Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Most Whacked Wednesday Yet!

Hey Peeps, and anyone else checking in. A special "hey" goes out to Ms. Hazel Mae.


Its Wednesday and if you have been here before you know what it means – last night, I thought the perfect story to lead off a Weird, Whacked and Downright Silly Wednesday entry would be the news that Jeremy Roenick – after griping about being left of the Team USA Roster for Turin – revealed he would be missing 4 – 6 weeks with a broken finger. Like I said, that WAS going to be the morning entry…but then, HEEEEEERE”S JOHNNY.

Yes, Johnny “Jesus” Damon announced late last night that he had signed a 4-year $52M contract with the Evil Empire. If you are in Canada, have a quick look-see at the message boards on Boston.com or Red Sox Nation to see how upset The Nation is – this is the ultimate betrayal. The arguments range from bitterness and frustration (no loyalty to the city of Boston) to sour grapes (he was done anyways and the Yanks overpaid) to calls for blood (fire the new GMs, Henry should sell the team) to the absolutely ridiculous (one person on bostom.com board claimed that it was typical of the Yankees, buying Championships – conveniently forgetting that Damon, Ramirez, Ortiz, Schilling, Martinez, and a bunch of other “idiots” came from other teams) – and finally to those who have moved on (“I wanted Coco Crisp anyways, get Torii Hunter, get Jeremy Reed). The Nation is up in arms, and with very good reason. I will say this though…the silver lining? Manny isn’t going anywhere…there is no way the Sox Management is going to trade Manny…as a matter of fact, I see RAMADA coming. They are going to do something, to answer this latest signing by the Yankees…while everyone is talking Clemens…I see something happening with Tejada – don’t ask me why.

Alright, I’m outta here for a Christmas “Beer and Pizza” lunch at the famous “P”. Hazel, if you are ever in town, I will treat you to be best square pie this side of the U.S. border – oh yeah, they serve quarts too!

HAZEL’S WEDNESDAY HOROSCOPE
Do things with others today. Even if you have to work, put a little time aside. The conversations you have today will be profound and will get you thinking in a whole new way about your approach to the new year. 3 stars


Have a great one peeps…Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world on what is no doubt a weird, whacked and crazy Wednesday in New England.

Song of the Morning on Hazelspeeps – to sum up how Red Sox Nation must be feeling this morning, with the news that “Jesus” left the city he loved…the city and fans that made him a folk hero…back to the 80’s for the Ultra-Cheezy

Don’t You Want Me Baby – Human League

You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
When I met you I picked you out,
I shook you up and turned you around
Turned you into someone new
Now five years later on you've got the world at your feet
Success has been so easy for you
But don't forget it's me who put you where you are now
And I can put you back down too


Or

From Johnny Damon’s perspective to the Red Sox Brass

Hung Up – Madonna

Every little thing that you say or do
I’m hung up, I’m hung up on you
Waiting for your call baby night and day
I’m fed up, I’m tired of waitin’ on you


Peesth Out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter