Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tilt Report - Madden'08

I recently picked up a Playstation 3 and let me tell you, this is one spectacular machine. The clear justification for me spending the extra money to buy a PS3 over an XBox 360 was simply that the PS3 comes with a blue-ray player (blue ray players currently retails between $600 to $1000 CDN) - not to mention the backwards compatability of the system. But how does this relate to sports...well simply put...Madden'08.

For those of you who are not aware the Electronic Arts (EA) Madden series is the single most successful sports game franchise. I first started playing it when the series game out for the Playstation and really haven't been able to stop. So the following is my review of the system:

While I don't enjoy some of the adjustments EA has made to the game play, Madden remains one of the best sports games out on the market. The graphics are smooth (especially in HD format) to the point where you can see the crowd actually stand up and cheer. The images of the players are very accurate and EA really got into details with some players.

Playing the game, you really get a sense of being in a stadium and taking charge of the team. The crowd responds accordingly and I have to admit, even the play by play is done well this year. Unfortunately, Madden has stepped away from doing colour commentary for his own game. Marshall Faulk has joined the crew however, and provides a preview and review of the game.

I haven't played all that much, but from what I have played the game is still steller. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys playing sports.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter