Monday, July 31, 2006

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

By 4:00 pm (or a little after that) MLB fans should know who is going where. The Yankees fired the first shot at the Red Sox yesterday by picking up Bobby Abreu and Cory Lidle from the Phillies - I may be the only person in the world who isn't ready to just hand the A.L. East title to New York. More on that later.

The Red Sox are rumoured to be working on a big deal today - while my pal Renee tells me that Mike Lowell won't be traded, I half expect to see his name later today - maybe even Coco Crisp, who hasn't been the answer to Johnny Damon. I'm still holding out hope that Theo Epstein will make my HR shot a reality by landing Miguel Tejada - Renee still thinks I'm out to lunch on that one.

The Chickenhawk (aka J.P. Ricciardi) says he has been trying to work a deal out, but has no takers - J.P. its time to start thinking about next year...Year 8 of your 5 Year plan to get the Blue Jays into being a World Series contender.

Chase Utley's streak is now up to 31 games - and he still isn't talking about it.

Carlos Beltran hit his 3rd grand slam in the month of July - interesting stat passed on to me by a Mets fan who reads the page (a Torontonian living in NYC), Beltran has more 2-out RBI than David Ortiz...who knew?

Floyd Landis must be breathing a sigh of relief, albeit a brief one, with news that U.S. Sprinter Justin Gatlin has tested positive for performance enhancing substances - which of course he has no knowledge of ever taking any banned substances.

I've got to book - lots to do on my last day of vacation. Have a great one peeps...back later with more.

HAZEL'S MONDAY HOROSCOPE
A personal problem will upset your day. Focus on home, money and relationships. You may be tempted to drag an outsider into your dilemma. Keep things simple and solutions will become apparent. 3 stars

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world.

Song of the day on Hazelspeeps - from the movie

Mess Around - Ray Charles

Peesth Out...Buh Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter