Monday, October 09, 2006

C'mon Broncos

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in today. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

I'm going to be watching the Broncos and Ravens with great interest tonight. For anyone in Ontario, you have undoubtedly heard of Pro-Line's pools - I picked a ticket yesterday (two actually - I middled Dallas/Philly yesterday) and I have the first 13 right. A Broncos win means I'm in for a pretty decent payday - not sure how much.

GO BRONCOS (I can't believe I'm trusting Plummer).

Man do I need a good dose of Hazel Karma right now...C'mon Broncos...C'mon Hazel!

9:25 p.m. - well, Plummer and the Broncos are doing their best to screw me - two turnovers, one that lead to a Ravens' field goal, and now they are starting at their own two yard line. I should have middled this game...Jake Plummer, I hate you.

9:40 p.m. - Jake Plummer I still hate you...but that punt return by Darrent Williams helped bring the Broncos back. Tied at three - blood pressure rising.

10:00 p.m. - HOLY CRAP. Champ Bailey intercepts McNair in the endzone with 30 seconds left in the half... 10:00 p.m. - isn't Hazel on NESN now?

10:27 p.m. - Plummer you noodle armed, good for nothing manager. Plummer holds on to the ball too long and misses a chance to hit a wide open Rod Smith deep in Baltimore territory. Baltimore starts on their 12...isn't SportsDesk over? Shouldn't Hazel take a quick peek?

In other news - Sundin and Tucker score in a shootout to give the Leafs a 2-1 victory over the Panthers.

10:50 p.m. - Still tied at 3, Baltimore is out of the shadows of their goal post...if I didn't have such a vested interest in this game - I'd say it was awful. Go Broncos...do SOMETHING

10:54 p.m. - Baltimore was inside Denver territory and came up with a 10 yard punt - bad weather? Nerves? Or Hazel Karma? (SportsDesk should be wrapping up about now...shouldn't it?)

11:02 p.m. - Elam hits a 44 yard field goal to make it 6-3. Its not over - ask the Browns and the Chargers. Hazel, if you are watching the game...how about getting McNair to throw a pick?

11:12 p.m. - HOLY CRAP...McNair threw a pick!!!!! He threw a friggin' pick!!!! Thank you Hazel!!!

11:23 p.m. - TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS - 4 yard TD pass to Rod Smith with less than 2 mins left. I think this one is over. I'm not expecting a huge payday - maybe 500 - 1000.

If I was being really greedy - I'd ask Hazel to have the Titans score a TD a the end of the game...a three point victory either way means I'd win $160 on another ticket - but that would be asking for too much....right Hazel?

Game over - I won! My picks against the spread this week were brutal; but winning my Straight Up pool and the Pro-Line pool more than makes up for it. I hope your night was half as good as mine peeps!

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world - thank you!

Song of the Night on Hazelspeeps -

Good Time Tonight - INXS featuring Jimmy Barnes

Peesth Out...Buh Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter