Sunday, September 24, 2006

Rough Weekend

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

I'm back from Toronto - the Red Sox and Jays game yesterday was a pretty good game, considering neither team has much to play for. Red Sox Nation was out in force yesterday at the Rogers Centre - there had to be 5,000 Red Sox fans there, and they were as loud (if not louder than the Jays fans). I have to hand it to Red Sox Nation, you people support your team through the good and bad - brings a tear to a lifelong Maple Leafs fan...I feel a kinship with Red Sox Nation.

The game yesterday was definitely one of the high points of what turned out to be a pretty tough weekend.

Traffic getting in to Toronto was a nightmare, which cancelled out any chance of heading over to the Rogers Centre and getting tickets for Friday's game.

I lost my damn cell phone on Friday night, only to find out Saturday that the jerk who picked it up was downloading stuff off the internet - I can't tell you how pissed I was (still am). The worst thing of it was that I was expecting a very important (I mean HUGE) call while I was at the game - I swear, that is the kind of luck I have.

What kind of jerk doesn't return a cell phone? Especially after getting text messages asking that the phone please be returned because there were some very important pictures on it. Dude (dudette) I know you will likely never read this - but YOU SUCK the big one; I hope this bad karma comes back to haunt you and roasts your stupid ass.

Traffic getting out of Toronto was a nightmare with the marathon being run there today. What should have been a four and a half hour drive ended up taking six.

My NFL Sunday was a complete write-off - after going 13 and 3 last week, I don't even want to look at my pools this week. The only thing to save the day today was that the stinking Miami Dolphins managed to pull one out of the fire to keep my alive in both suicide pools. Nick Saban, your team is in BIG trouble.

Plenty of crappy things about this weekend - but how can you complain about a weekend in one of the world's great cities? Two great nights out, great meals (the sushi place we went to was out of this world - Hazel would have loved it), good bars to hoist a couple dozen guinness, and a great day of baseball at the Rogers Centre. There were some shaky moments this weekend - the kind that could threaten your whole trip - but I can't complain. I'm calling it a great weekend, even with the bad luck.

Ok, I'm going to watch the Pats and Broncos - have a great one peeps. I'll try to post some pics of the game tomorrow night. I know this is too late...but here it goes anyways:

HAZEL'S SUNDAY HOROSCOPE
Don't let talks turn into an argument. Stay cool and don't let anyone get to you today. Taking a short trip will help to alleviate tension. A serious matter concerning younger or older family members will have to be dealt with swiftly. 3 stars

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world - I hope your time back home is going well...the city still misses you - the damn country does too.

Song of the day on Hazelspeeps - for stretches of our six our drive today

Gypsy Blood - Mason Ruffner

Peesth Out...Buh Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter