Thursday, September 21, 2006

NFL Picks - Straight Up

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

Big news of the night - David Ortiz sets a Red Sox record by hitting his 51st and 52nd HR of the season. I still can't figure out why he isn't considered THE front runner for the MVP award; I don't buy the DH argument. Next week - "Why David Ortiz is the MVP" entry.

Ok, so I'm trying to get everything together here before I head down to Toronto to see the Sox and Jays on Saturday. So tonight, a quick post - my NFL picks straight up. For those of you who didn't read the entries early this week, I went 13-3 both straight up and against the spread. I am posting picks for the straight up pool.

14 - Miami over Tennessee - God help me, I'm picking Culpepper and Saban's stoops to win this week. This is more about how bad Tennesee is, as opposed to thinking Miami is a good team. Who'da thunk that after all the crap I've talked about Culpepper - that I'd be putting 14 points on him and making Miami my suicide pick.

13 - Detroit over Green Bay - see above explanation. I don't think much of Detroit, but I think even less of Green Bay - plus, Favre's problems in a dome are well documented. This is a dog of a game, thank God I'll be driving back from Toronto during this one.

12 - Baltimore over Cleveland - McNair vs. Frye, Lewis vs. Droughans, Winslow Jr. vs Baltimore defence. Need I say more?

11 - New England over Denver - The Patriots haven't been great - but Denver has been pretty bad. Brady vs. Plummer - enough said. Sunday night in Foxboro, hope Hazel has the night off to watch the game.

10 - Indianapolis over Jacksonville - I don't think the Jags can muster enough offence to pull this one out. I know the Jags have played Indy tough in the past, but I can't see Manning dropping this one at home.

09 - Washington over Houston - Portis is back, so the Redskins' offence will be average - their defence is good enough to stuff the Texans. Look for Santana Moss to have a big game.

08 - Philadelphia over San Francisco - this one will be closer than people think. I just don't think San Francisco can stop the Eagles - the Eagles have enough to stop Alex Smith.

07 - Atlanta over New Orleans - an emotional return for the Saints, maybe too much. Look for Ron Mexico and Warrick Dunn to run at that week defence and dominate time of possession.

06 - Arizona over St. Louis - Arizona looks like one of those teams that is going to be dominant at home. St. Louis is a team in transition - Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin both have big games to lead Hazel Mae's Cowboys to a win in this week's fantasy matchup.

05 - Chicago over Minnesota - this one scares me. Everything points to a Chicago blowout...which is why is scares me. But the Bears defence stuffs the run and makes it a long day for Brad Johnson and backup QB/PK Ryan Longwell.

04 - Buffalo over NY Jets - I'm making this pick solely on the basis of the Bills' D. The Jets won't be as bad as everyone originally thought - but I think Pennington is in trouble this week. I say "I think" because it wouldn't come as a shock to me to see the Jets pull one out.

03 - Seattle over NY Giants - Seattle has been ok, the Giants were bad for 7 of the first nine quarters of the season. Manning has some weapons that will cause Seattle some problems; but I see an emotional letdown after last week's win over the Eagles. Seattle at home.

02 - Cincinnati over Pittsburgh - I was tempted to put a lot more weight on this one, but something tells me that the Steelers will come out hard after the Monday Night embarrassment. Still though, I'll take Palmer over Ben any day of the week.

01 - Tampa Bay over Carolina - the loser is out of the playoff hunt. I don't think much of Carolina, and I think Tampa has some playmakers on D. Ok, this is more because I can't stand the Panthers.

That's about it for tonight gang...time to go make my picks against the spread. Have a great one peeps.

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world.

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps - for Big Papi

Oye Mi Canto - N.O.R.E

Peesth Out...Buh Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter