Sunday, October 29, 2006

Kaberle KO's Kanadiens

Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.

Hazel was probably hanging out at the TD Banknorth Garden last night, watching the Bruins and the SenaTards - if she was, she missed a great game between the Maple Leafs and the Habs last night. The Leafs won 5-4 at the Bell Centre - outscoring Montreal 2-1 in a shootout that went seven rounds. Tomas Kaberle was a dominant force in the game last night with a hat-trick and an assist (and another goal in the first round of the shootout). Kaberle controlled the game at both ends of the ice last night, you had to see it to truly appreciate how good this kid was last night. I hope Hazel has NHL Center Ice and taped it, it is definitely worth watching - she's got to get Tomas on The Buzz when the Leafs visit Boston.

His performance last night puts him over and above one of Hazel's three stars - he'd make the list as one of Hazel's Heroes on Monday night. Kaberle was the man of the night.

HAZEL'S THREE STARS

Tim Thomas of the Bruins stopped 35 shots in a win over the Tards last night - I'm think Hazel must have been at the game and given Thomas and the Bruins a little bit of good karma to beat the hated SenaTards. I know I picked the Tards in the Three Play - the Tards also blew up a really good Pro-Line ticket...I should have figured Hazel would be at the game.

David Aebischer of the Canadiens stole a point for the Habs last night - we normally don't highlight players on losing teams, but Aebischer was outstanding last night stopping 46 shots last night (according to the scoreboard at the Bell Centre). The Canadiens had no business being in that game last night - the owe Aebischer a load of thanks.

Sidney Crosby of the Penguins had a hat-trick in leading his Pittsburgh to an 8-2 rout of the Flyers - its always nice to see the Flyers get pounded on. I would have named Malkin one of the Stars, but he is on Renee's Ice Bitches in the yahoo pool.

THREE PLAY UPDATE
We were 2-1 again last night getting wins from Carolina and Dallas, the Tards were the only black spot on the night (but I've talked enough about that). So yesterday's roll up was $100 up and $41.00 down. + $59 on the night puts us at +$194 for the week.

Jacksonville +8 over Philadelphia. I was lovin' +5.5 in spreads pool - so you have to know what I think of this one. I'd lay $50 on the Jags.

Cincinnati -3.5 over Atlanta - Palmer has a big day, Ron Mexico reverts to form. I'd lay $50 on the Bengals.

Arizona +4.0 over Green Bay - Something I like about this game - $50 is a safe bet on this one.

NFL PICKS - SPREADS POOL

16) Jacksonville +5.5 over PHILADELPHIA - I think Jacksonville has enough to win this game outright, give me 5.5 and I'm lovin' them - McNabb has show that he is prone to mistakes against good pressure defences.

15) KANSAS CITY -5.5 over Seattle - no Hasselbeck, no Alexander; how is Seattle going to score at Arrowhead? Oh yeah, ever hear of Hazel Karma? Larry Johnson dominates today.

14) New England -2.5 over Minnesota - The Vikings aren't ready for primetime, Brady has proven that he is always ready. New England serves notice on Monday night that they have another Super Bowl in mind.

13) CINCINNATI -4.5 over Atlanta - the Benglas have had a few tough weeks as of late, but I think Palmer rights the ship against a Falcons D that has been giving up big plays as of late. If you've been missing Chad Johnson - he'll be back today.

12) NEW ORLEANS -2.5 over Baltimore - The Saints are a different team this year, and have proven to be a force at home. Kyle Boller stepping in for McNabb? What do you think?

11) CHICAGO -16.5 over San Francisco - After the bad game in Arizona, Grossman gets his act together and pummels the 49ers.

10) PITTSBURGH -8.5 over Oakland - The Raiders won their game for the year - the Steelers will be chomping at the bit to make up for last week's loss to Ron Mexico.

09) NY GIANTS -9.5 over Tampa Bay - I'm taking Manning over a rookie. I hate picking them...but the Giants will cover.

08) SAN DIEGO -8.5 over St. Louis - Bulger has been good, good enough to be added to Hazel Mae's Cowboys in the yahoo pool - but I don't see St. Louis having enough to keep this one close.

07) Houston +3.5 over TENNESSEE - somebody tell me how the Titans can be favoured over anyone? What? Is Albert Haynesworth coming back or something? I'll take Carr over Young.

06) DENVER -2.5 over INDIANAPOLIS - I know the Colts are favoured now - but I don't know why. Denver runs the ball down their throat - I hope it snows in Colorado today.

05) NY Jets +1.5 over CLEVELAND - Pennington has been finding a way to get it done. Cleveland fired their offensive coordinator Maurice Carthon - but its still the same group executing.

04) Arizona +3.5 over GREEN BAY - I'll take Leinhart to keep it close and pull out a win with a big play to Boldin to win it.

03) Dallas +4.5 over CAROLINA - what? Dallas might keep it close...maybe. Hazel might be tuning in on Sunday night before SportsDesk and send Romo some good karma...oh well, finishing the week 13-1 should be good enough to win.

There you have it gang - this week's picks are solid, I know I have said that before...but these are. Have a great one peeps!

HAZEL'S SUNDAY HOROSCOPE
You can utilize everything you've learned in the past and impress everyone you deal with today. Your kindness and generosity will bring you good returns. Your intuition will not let you down. 4 stars

Hazel, I hope things are groovy in your world.

Song of the Day on Hazelspeeps - for my girl Inez, and her late night/early morning email...going back to the 80's - I think Hazel would dig it

The Rain - Oran "Juice" Jones

Peesth Out...Buh Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter