Week 4 NFL Picks
Hey Peeps and anyone else checking in. A special "Hey" goes out to Hazel Mae.
Back to regular blogging this week with the MLB playoffs set to begin - the Los Angeles Dodgers, lead by former Sox LF (love saying "former") Manuel Ramirez leading big blue - playoff opponent hasn't been decided yet, but we'll "git 'er done".
NFL Pools Picks - weighted pool, spreads were locked down on Wednesday, so they may be a bit different. This week, NO EXPERT ANALYSIS - I'm going with my gut and not listening or reading what the so called experts have to say. This has been the season of upsets, so I'm going with that trend in this week's selections. It is going to be a good week.
16) TENNESSEE -2.5 over Minnesota - having trouble seeing the Vikings scoring a TD this week against that tough Titans D. Kerry Collins does enough to win this one.
15) CAROLINA -7.5 over Atlanta - the extra half point shouldn't concern anyone, the Falcons were humbled in their first road game after a home win - the same will happen this week. Panthers are the suicide pick for the week.
14) CINCINNATI -3.5 over Cleveland - the Bengals look like they are starting to play up to their capabilities, even though they lost in OT to the Giants - Palmer is starting for the Maeple Leafs, so count on a big game against a Browns D that has been getting torched.
13) NEW ORLEANS -6.5 over San Fran - Can't see the 49ers staying close here, even with injuries on Saints D; expect Brees and Bush to have a big big BIG day against a 49ers D that is overrated and suspect at best.
12) JACKSONVILLE -7.5 over Houston - Jags running game looks like it is back to where it was last year, despite injuries on OL - Matt Schaub throwing too many picks and Jags should get a couple today.
11) DALLAS -11.5 over Washington - Owens had a quiet game last week, expect him to have a huge game today - especially with Taylor out of the lineup for the Skins; Romo should have time to find T.O. today.
10) Baltimore +6.5 over PITTSBURGH - will Roethlisberger last the game today? Ravens D should keep this a field goal game today.
09) TAMPA BAY -0.5 over Green Bay - not trusting Griese, but Aaron Rodgers showed last week that good D's are going to pose some challenges for him - Tampa's D is more than just "good" - Bucs roll today.
08) Philadelphia - 3.5 over CHICAGO - are the Bears going to score any points against the Eagles? 16 points should be more than enough to cover today and the Eagles will get there.
07) Arizona +2.5 over NY JETS - the Jets still aren't very good, despite Favre being there; Cards should be able to score a few points and squeak out an outright win.
06) ST. LOUIS +8.5 over Buffalo - too many points to give up on the road - the Bills JUST got by Oakland last week; thinking the Rams will respond to benching of Bulger and play with some pride.
05) OAKLAND +7.5 over San Diego - hunch pick, thinking Raiders D can keep this one close, despite Chargers high-powered offense.
04) KANSAS CITY +9.5 over Denver - trap game; Broncos are being overvalued because of offensive numbers, but I think Hazel could throw for 300 or rush for 100+ against Broncos D. Damon Huard and Larry Johnson to enough to keep this one under a TD today.
That's it - I'm liking them.
SUNDAY THREE PLAY
The selections have pretty much split over the first three weeks of the season - so the total is minimal. Three 1:00 pm winners with a couple more to follow before 4:00 pm
CAROLINA -7.0 over Atlanta - take this one to the house. Lay $200 on the Panthers...the pick of the day.
NEW ORLEANS -4.0 over San Francisco - see above. Lay $100 on the Saints and say thanks.
TENNESSEE -3.0 over Minnesota - see above. Lay $100 on the Titans to go 4-0.
That's it for this morning gang - thanks for taking the time to check in.
Hazel, here's hoping things are groovy in your world.